The NUS FoodTech Challenge (NUS FTC) is an annual competition jointly organized by the Food Science and Technology Society of the National University of Singapore (NUS) and NUS Enterprise. This competition aims to empower university students to develop innovative solutions that tackle a given problem statement in the food industry and encourage entrepreneurship. This year, participants are given the opportunity to choose their preferred problem statement to work on!
The NUS FTC is one of Singapore’s biggest food-industry competitions. With the success of the previous iterations of this competition, NUS FTC is expanding internationally in 2022. With the city-state of Singapore emerging as a food tech hub, you stand to gain invaluable insights and broaden your network in this highly dynamic industry. Through workshops and mentoring sessions, you will surely enhance your entrepreneurial and design thinking skills that are highly sought after in many industries today. Not to mention, you’ll stand a chance to win attractive prizes for your innovations!
SIGN-UP INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL PARTICIPANTS
• This challenge is open to undergraduates from ALL countries.
• In view of the COVID-19 situation, the event will be held fully ONLINE.
• Both individual and group (up to 5 people) sign-ups are accepted. International participants that sign up individually will have to participate solo, without the option of being teamed up with other individuals.
• Programme flow for the international track does not include any form of prototyping unlike the local track. It will be replaced with exclusive mentorship guidance where teams get to work under the guidance of industry experts to refine and develop their ideas.
• This challenge is open to all undergraduates from all faculties, without any need for a background in food science. There will be an extensive lineup of workshops, talks and mentoring sessions by various industry experts to gear you up for the competition. Register at tinyurl.com/nusftc2022intl by 22 April 2022 if you are interested. To learn more aboutthe NUS FTC2022, please visit our website at www.nusftc.com. Follow us on facebook (NUS FoodTech Challenge) and instagram (@nusftc) to keep yourself up to date with important information and deadlines! We look forward to seeing you at our challenge!